Sunday, March 04, 2007

Tagged....

Thanks for the tag Rache!
Sorry to all of you for being so absent of late. Had rather a full plate lately...

so, the name of the book is Freedom in Exile: the Autobiography of the Dalai Lama (by the Dalai Lama of course).
Page 123, five sentences in, the next three are: "I also urged my people to adhere strictly to the principles of the Seventeen-Point 'Agreement'. I told them of my talks with Nehru and Chou En-lai and of how, during the first week of February that year, Chairman Mao himself had publicly acknowledged that Tibet was not yet ready for reform. Finally, I reminded them of the Chinese claim that they were in Tibet to help Tibetans."
I adore the Dalai Lama.
Anyone not already tagged, consider youself so!
love,
s

5 comments:

Dale said...

I know someone who has met the Dalai Lama.

I wish more members of humanity would adopt his principles...

Vallypee said...

Tibet is, i'm sure a sorrier place without him.

Vallypee said...

Hi Stevie, I've just been reading your recently added profile, and am a little in awe! A writer, journalist and phtographer?? Are you sure you want to read my ramblings??

Well, if you really do, then could you send me your email address to valmann24@hotmail.com, as for African Ways, I will need to put you on the list. I've closed it as a blog as I am trying to plug up the nerve to send it to a publisher or two and see what they say ;-) However, through the blog permissions I can nominate you as a reader and then you will get a mail inviting you to read it.

Watery Ways is open to all at the moment and you can find the link on my main page or by going to my profile page. Your choice, dear!

Stevie said...

Dale... I wish I was the person you knew who met the Dalai Lama...
Val, of course I want to read your ramblings! I love your posts, so a books worth would be lovely!
I will email you today. It will say it is from The Summit Youth cenrte, but it will be me!
S

Vallypee said...

Thanks Stevie ;-)

I'll let you know when I've received it.