Saturday, January 20, 2007

ah, the quiet moments....

Sisterhood of the Travelling Teacup
Well, here I sit, sipping coffee and stealing a few moments to myself in this crazy life I have. My son is at his piano lesson, which I am really supposed to be at as well, making sure I know just what needs to be worked on and learning along with him... but not today. Today, I needed a few minutes to myself.
I heard from my lovely Lindsay, one of my teacup girls, last night... a long, wonderful email full of her and her energy.
AND, most wonderfully, I got my scarf from my Miss Margery, my niece in France. I have hardly taken it off, and it wraps me in love and security while I bounce around in a rough section of life just now. Nothing dramatic, the speedbumps have just gotten a little larger lately.
And just as wonderful was the little film cannister of sand she enclosed. I collect sand, and it was a perfect addition. And instead of just writing the location and time she collected it for me, she wrote what she was doing (taking a lovely walk) and where she found it. And in doing this, she took me on that lovely walk with her.
And I have been a dreadful blogger. Those of you who have been so sweet as to stop by and chat must think I am horridly rude not to be at least saying hello and wishing you all a belated Happy New Year! I hope you are all well and have settled into 2007 with smiles on your faces!
The valley has chosen to embrace winter this year, I think, though I might just be off base, more so than in the previous few years. Dale, doens't it seem to you to be more winterty than usual?
I took an amazing workshop in Vancouver on digital storytelling. I was looking forward to it, but once I was there and actually learning what we were learning, I was swept away. I would have loved to stay and learn more and more, but one step at a time. It will be a powerful tool for both the youth centre and for the literacy program I facilitate. And the fact is, I love Vancouver. Downtown Van, that is. I love to walk down Robson street, starting in the early evening and walking for hours, the colours, the sounds, the mix of it all. It is much the same love I have for downtown Calgary, which I have written about before. When I get home, I will post that bit.
For now, I suppose I should rejoin my son at his lesson. I will get the stern look as it is from his strict teacher.... yikes!
Be well all, and I'll talk with you all again soon.
S

No comments: