Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Sisterhood of the Travelling Teacup


Sisterhood of the Travelling Teacup

Okay, so this is me. I haven't been able to figure out how to put my photo on my profile, so this will have to do! We'll see... now that I have it on here at all I can probably wrangle it to the right spot.
Christmas is fast approaching, and while I know I should get things done sooner, I always wait until now to even start getting things done. And despite being called Grinchy, I never like to get a tree before the 20th. I just don't like to get used to it. I like it to stay wonderful and new right to Christmas day, and I find that putting a tree up prior to Dec. 20 and I just get accustomed to it. You should never grow accustomed to Christmas, at least I don't like to. It is more special to me this way. Never up before the 20th and down by Jan. 1 at the latest. Don't get me wrong, I love the season. But I have never understood the need people seem to have to pop up and Christmas tree before, in some cases, it even becomes December and then leaving it up well into January. Each to his or her own, I suppose.
So go ahead, call me Grinchy! I more than make up for it once that tree is up!

13 comments:

Dale said...

Hi "Stevie"

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Before long I won't be blogging beyond my doorstep!
As it stands now, I have met some great friends all over the world.

I'm sorry to hear you've left Gerry's - my wayward daughter has spent many an hour whiling away her time there...
I was sad to see you leave the paper a few years back, too.

... I remember you being knocked over backward by an angry bovine at the Bull Busting several years ago.

Welcome to Blogland.

:)
Dale

Anonymous said...

Hi Stevie,

Thanks for stopping by. That's good advice and the scenery is changing now (I think). Things have settled down a bit anyway - and a couple of her grades are on the way back up. I'll take the respite, even if it's temporary.

We put up our tree the day after Thanksgiving for three reasons. First, my family always has. Second, it's bright and cheery and I need all the help I can get this time of year with the short days. And third, it's a lot of work (okay not so much any more since the lights are already on the tree!) so I want it to stay up for a while once it is! It comes down on New Year's Day.

I know you're no Grinchy! How about the people who leave their decorations up all year? Now THAT I could never understand!

Glad to see you and Dale have "met" :)

Stevie said...

Hi Dale!
Oh my gosh, I will never forget how big that bull looked coming at me in my camera lens!
I was sad to leave Gerry's but glad to be working more sensible hours. Your wayward daughter... what is her name? I must know her!
Thanks for the welcome... it has taken me a while to keep up with it!
S

Stevie said...

Hey Rache
Up all year, yes, I think there is a special sort of group for people like that. At least I hope there is!
Glad to hear things a starting to smooth out a bit. One day, 25 years from now, we will stand together and watch our kids deal with teens, and smile encouragingly at them, and then laugh and go to the bar.
:)
Stevie

Lannio said...

Hi Stevie,

While we don't know each other, but have been blogging back and forth - you know my sister. That's right, Dale is my dear (dare I say old) sister.

Lesley

Stevie said...

Lannio a la Lesley
And the world grows smaller and more comforting all the time!
Glad to be so welcomed into the circle!
Stevie

Dale said...

Ha Ha Stevie, you didn't visit my blog... I believe it was my sister's (Lannio) blog.

But just the same...

Dale said...

My wayward daughter is Beth...

Stevie said...

Hey, of course I know Beth! From the YC as well!
:)

Anonymous said...

And if Beth goes to the YC, I'll bet she knows Hayley....

Vallypee said...

Hi Stevie, just to make the circle wider, I saw your comment on Dale's blog and as she is one of my absolute 'closest ' blog pals and someone I have grown very deeply fond of, I thought I should drop in on you (so to speak) from my barge in Holland.

Lannio aka Lesley and Dale's baby sister and Rach have alos become good blog buddies although more recently than Dale, so it's a great circuit you've joined here, and now doubt it will be further widened too by a visitor from the north of England! In the meantime, welcome to Rotterdam!

Dale said...

Yes Stevie, that's her.

As a matter of fact, I picked her up at the YC last evening.

She got to drive home on the highway through her first snowstorm...

Anonymous said...

Stevie - That 25 years in the future thing - it's a date!

Hope you guys had a good time in Calgary.