Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The three great DWs.....

Ok, so while spending a brilliant evening with Dale, we happened on the topic of wonderful words in the English language that are not used nearly often enough. I believe the word that sparked that discussion was "peril."
It reminded me of an email from my friend Peter, who seems to figure quite often on my blog lately! I do not recall just what the whole email was about, but at the end, Peter noted the three Great DWs, three words that begin with dw that are not used nearly often enough, (as well as the word pluck used as a noun.)
So I challenge you all to figure out and list the Three Great DWs... and Peter, I know you are reading this, so no cheating! But do feel free to comment... :)

4 comments:

Lannio said...

Humm, Let me dwell on this a little bit, while my brain seems to be dwindling. While I think - I can tell you that I really feel dwarfed in this dwelling of mine. ... Ah, but I'm sure I can get to the root of these words soon.

Dale said...

ha ha Lesley! Spot on!

We were stuck on the dwarf one for a bit, though.

As long as you don't feel as though you are in any immediate peril...

Vallypee said...

I only know one other, but it's not really English...well, it's South African English..it's the word dwaal...as in, 'I'm in such a dwaal today, I can't concentrate on dwarfs or dwindling or where the dwindling dwarfs dwell either!' ;-)

I love the word peril too.....

Stevie said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Oh Val, ik hou van jou!
ok, ok.. this is fun... let's name more words we like but are obscure or never used... the dweeblier the better!
I shall post mine after a few minutes thought on a new post...
and oh dearest Dru... you will be very good at this one.... please participate! you have a wonderfully diverse and intelligent use of the language!