Thursday, October 29, 2009

okay then....

SO we have:
dwarf
dwindle
dwell
pluck (must be used as a noun)
sesamoid
verisimilitude
peril
galoshes
bouffant
dwaal
discombobulate
conundrum
titian
peripatetic
puckery
and from Rache "IJUSTNEEDONEMORECUPOFCOFFEETOFLY" (hee hee!)
snagglepuss
snarf
shenanigans
aldrenadon (which Rache made up, so we best wait for her daffy... er, definition)
hallucinogenation (see above remark!)
evenstar
gaggle
kaleidescope
lugubrious
vivisect
woosah
zither
dither
uvula
travesty
scurrilous
sanguine (ooo I do like this one!)
robust
obey
nifty
ogle
Oglalla
queasy
and of course...
antidisestablishmentariansim

All righty then! Rise to the challenge friends and neighbours! I tag you all to use as many of these in a post as possible! Creative silliness encouraged mightily!

4 comments:

Lannio said...

Hi There,

I'm a scrabble freak so I know many words that I've never used in general dialogue but use a lot in games. No reason then to include some that I've listed below in your sentences. Here are a very small example:

vrow
Ubiquitous
ag
qoph
qwerty
qaid
qat
dobby
effable
pulvilli

Dale said...

Ubiquitous is one of my favourites - and I actually use it.
Isn't Dobby a wee servant of comical proportions with whom Harry Potter made friends?
I have a favourite phrase, too, as to why the Kootenay and Columbia Rivers pass so closely to each other, but their waters never meet until hundreds of miles downstream - a Geological Anomaly.
Another phrase, nicked from my favourite space crew, is "there's a Rift in the Time/Space Continuum." LOVE it!
And I used the wonderful word, Perfidious, in my last post...

Dale said...

culpable
veritably
albeit

Anne-Marie said...

Wow, since I am writing report cards right now, perhaps I should throw them in there instead? ;)

xx
AM