Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First, an update... and renewed hope...

Norm is progressing slowly but surely... this is Kim's update as of today (July 28).
Thank you all for your loving words...
xo
Stevie

"July 28

Well Norman is heading in the right direction. They have taken him off all the drugs that paralyzed him, the sedatives, and the heart meds. He is not fighting the breathing tube and they are giving him some pain meds.

They have removed the new feeding tube in his belly, as the nurse was not confident it was working properly. So they have done an X-ray and are doing a CAT scan tonight to check things out in there. We do not need a repeat of what happened Thurs/Fri. They will decide if it should go back in or not.

So, slowly things are going in the right direction. As for me, I think it's all kind of hit me in the last 24 hrs what is really happening. I will be concentrating on myself this week, so I will apologise up front if I am not as diligent with my updates or as up beat as I have been in the past weeks.

I will be going to see Norman by myself on Wed and that I cannot wait for. To spend some time by ourselves will be good therapy for me if no one else.

Thank you everyone for just being there.

Love and Hugs...Kim"

No comments: