Monday, September 03, 2012

WTF??

I mean seriously, are we really getting to the point where people just cannot take the time to a) spell a word out and b) spell correctly? I can see WTF... only because swearing is not really a nice thing to do publicly (or any other time, though yes, despite my best efforts I still on occasion slip up use some pretty juicy language). And I do use lol, or rolf. So yes, I am being something of a hypocrite. But are we really so lazy that we cannot spell out "I don't know?" I am consistently shocked by the increasing spelling errors I read in posts on facebook and other places, especially when it is young people I know get straight A report cards and yet cannot spell worth a hootnanny. We all make mistakes. But come on! The age of auto correct is a scary one. I make a point of spelling out words, even when texting. Yep, it takes me an extra few seconds that could be better put to use, I don't know, breathing, but I have mastered the art of breathing WHILE texting, so it seems a moot point. We are just moving too too fast. Tony and I have been talking about this, and the fact we really feel we should continue our (as in his and my) current trend to be more self sufficient. We are growing more of our own produce, raising chickens (yesterday's "harvest" was not as awful as I thought it would be and we got our first 7 eggs today!) and there are so many more things we can start doing that will help us help ourselves. Slowing down... getting a little more back to basics... spelling our words out in full and correctly.... reading more, loving more, being more at peace.

5 comments:

Vallypee said...

Hear hear!! or is it here here...do you know I am really not sure? Terrible isn't it? I so agree with you Stevie, and well done for becoming more self sufficient. I would love to do that too, but our life style simply doesn't allow for the space or time to spend on growing veggies yet. It's what I'm writing about in my new book...perhaps I should send you the pdf of the first half. It will make you laugh I'm sure! It's based on fact, but with a fictional story woven in. Now I'm off to look for Rache's blog. I lost yours and hers when I changed my blog name!

Dale said...

I agree wholeheartedly, Steph!
It's something that I've been thinking about, and acting upon to the best of my ability, as well.
I spll the wrds whn I txt 2.
xo

Stevie said...

Gr8 Dale! LOL!
Vally I would love to read it!

Vallypee said...

Stevie, would you send me your email address again, I'm not sure I've got the latest. If you don't have mine, could you send me yours on FB and I will reciprocate :)

Vallypee said...

I mean on the FB inbox, not publicly of course :)