Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Our wedding.........

So, Tony and I have chosen as our final date Saturday, June 20, 2 p.m. in Exshaw Alberta at my sister Rose`s home.
:)
We are both very excited!
Of course you are all invited, and I know it is not likely many of my darling overseas or overcountry loves can attend, but you are invited just the same.
We have much to do, but really, it will be a simple wedding, no gifts, just the presence of friends and family. Potluck, and bring lots of laughter...
xo
S

Adendum
I have to admit, as much as I understand and do appreciate the expressions of concerns regarding the short time Tony and I have been together and become engaged, it is a little... wearying. Of course, a few members of both our families have mentioned it, some more vocally, but I wonder if they really think we have not given this serious consideration... for ourselves, as well as my children. We are adults. We are both well thinking, and have not done this lightly or without consideration. After all, we resisted the temptation, great though it was, to get married last week! lol!
I have listened to the concerns from my own family, some expressed clearly and vocally, other via vague words, pursed lips and expressions, and I take them all to heart for what they are: concerns for me from those who love me. And now that they have expressed them, I would ask they please be done with it.
What I appreciate far more are those many friends who have rejoiced with me, and most expecially my mother, who ackowledges the short time, but is celebrating with me and even helping me plan. I don't think that just being happy for me, without questioning me, is really too much to ask.
Ok, I vented. Thanks for listening. It hasn't bothered me all that much, but it obviously has bothered me a little. And now I can get on with the business of being happy!
xo

11 comments:

MargieCM said...

See what happens when I go off the air for a week or two? Major, brilliant life decisions! My biggest, hugest, most heartfelt love and best wishes to you both Stevie, and I am DELIGHTED to see you've found someone so special there's just no point in hanging around.

I Should be packing for a quick holiday trip, but I just saw your message and had to say something. Will catch up properly in a week or two. MWA!

Dale said...

Steph, I wish you only the very best and happiness!
I am delighted to hear your news and that your plans are firming up. You can certainly count on me being in the crowd at your sister's house on June 20 at 2:00 p.m. sharp!!

xoxo

Dale said...

Oh and I wish Tony the same!

Vallypee said...

Oh Stevie, how I would love to be there, but I know I cannot...at least it's extremely unlikely! I don't think it's at all strange that you should want to get married to someone who you recognised so instantly and totally was *the* one. I wasn't at all surprised, just really really pleased for you.

I'm so glad your mum is being supportive. That's the most important thing after all xxx

Unknown said...

Hey Stevie,

Sorry it's been so long, but I have been lurking. I'm afraid I must confess to a bit of confusion on my part (and Hayley's) at the speed of events, but we are both extremely happy for you!! and Tony, of course.

Randy and I 'knew' pretty fast, too, and I got some of the same...um...negative feedback, but when you find 'the one', it just doesn't really matter what anybody says otherwise.

I was looking at the photo you posted. Has Tony been in the valley for more than ten years (since before I left)? He looks familiar, but I can't seem to 'place the face'.

I hope your plans go smoothly and I suppose it's possible Hayley will be there for the wedding. She said that would be 'cool'.

Speaking of Hayley, I must run and pick her up from school. She'll have to walk home starting this Monday because......

I finally found a job!! More later.

Love, big hugs and many congrats,
Rache

Lannio said...

One of the best marriages I ever witnessed was that of my Canadian uncle and his Irish wife. They met just after WWII in New York City and were married five weeks later. Their marriage was one of love, solidarity, togetherness and the upbringing of three wonderful daughters. So, I have no argument about how long a people know each other before they marry.

Good luck to you .... Hummm perhaps this is an excuse for another trip west.

Anne-Marie said...

Sometimes you know right away. Not to mention that our ages, there's no time to waste!

Wishing you oodles of happiness, and unfortunately I will still be teaching but thanks for the invite!


xx
AM

Stevie said...

oh you guys... thank you so much... you have no idea how much it means to me to have your love and support... thank you thank you...
xoxo
S

Stevie said...

and Lesley, an EXCELLENT excuse to visit west again!

Stevie said...

Oh and Rache, he has never lived in the valley. And I would love Miss H to be there... she is a very important part of my life... and you know if you felt like a road trip I would love you there as well!

Me said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.