Thursday, March 12, 2015

Oh my goodness gosh!!

Spring arrived early this year... perhaps too early, and if we get a long dry summer in our semi-arid valley, I may regret rejoicing at the warmer days now.
But... it is hard to be level headed about it all when I have a lovely new greenhouse to play in! Tony built it over the winter, and as much as I would like to say I helped, in truth I did very little other than fill the role of general dogsbody now and then. He has also added a wood fired boiler (goodness what a feat that was, using all recycled materials!) so I can ensure no freezing temps in the new space and start all my plants weeks and week earlier than normal! I will also get a solid month or two of growing after September, generally the end of our growing season here.

So without further ado.... I present the Greenhouse-Mahal! Or, Tomato-Mahal... of Veggie-Mahal... really the name is still up in the air. ;)

Much love to you all, my dear bloggy pals. How I miss our old chats on here, but I do understand how busy we have all become, and how detrimental that darn Facebook has been to our wee community on here!

xoxo
Stevie

2 comments:

Vallypee said...

Oh how wonderful, Stevie! Your very own nursery :) And how clever of Tony to build a fire into it as well. Yes, I too miss the bloggy community. I actually hate Facebook, but then I have other reasons for that too. It's just that if you want to connect with anyone now, that's where you have to do it.

Stevie said...

Oh dearest Val!! I am getting so fed up with Facebook. I love the connections and seeing photos and posts from friends, but hate all the negative idiocy that seems rampant. Facebook had gone rather Old Yeller on us, hasn't it?