Wednesday, December 10, 2008

to see the world in a grain of sand....

I think in all our lives there are moments when things seem perfectly clear.
Instances of clarity that seem to make time stand still, quiet the cacophony of life and its trials, the air suddenly calm, clear and crystalline.
They come at random times, standing at our shoulder as we discover their gift, quietly nodding and dissipating once their message is received.
Tangible moments.
Life changing.
Things like love.
You look, and wonder, and create your ideal. You work towards it, and sometimes, wanting it so much, convince yourself it exists where it truly does not.
Then, perhaps when you have given up hope, you look just ever so slightly to your side, and all goes quiet.
Oh there you are… mijn liefde.
I asked where he had been all my life.
He answered, “waiting for you to come home. Took you long enough.”
No idea where this path will lead. It has been a difficult one to navigate. Leaping into the unknown, uncertain what the future will bring, looking past the histories we might both prefer to forget but have been brutally honest about… all possible with the courage drawn from believing.
What seemed insurmountable has suddenly given way. Cautious steps must be chosen wisely, but can at last be taken nonetheless.
And hearts that have been broken too many times can heal in the warmth of love.

10 comments:

Drucilla said...

I just want you to be happy, and if he makes you feel that way then I'm glad.

Stevie said...

he does. thank you...

Vallypee said...

That's beautiful Stevie....and he was there all the time, yes? I hope that this time you've found the end of your rainbow.

Stevie said...

VallyP... not sure this is just right, as I am still learning and piecing things together.... but here goes:

Hij vroeg mij om hem te trouwen...
Ik zei ja.

Vallypee said...

Stevie!!!!!! That's fantastic!!! Gefeliciteerd lieverd!!

Wow, ik ben zo trots dat je me dat hebt verteld ;-)

By the way, my Dutch is far from perfect, but in your wonderful (and very good) announcement, I think the Dutch would more normally use our present perfect form, e.g:

Hij heeft me gevraagd met hem te trouwen

instead of 'hij vroeg me' ('me' is mostly used for the object instead of the full 'mij'.

Be very very happy, lieverd.

mrose said...

i need some clarity right about now...

love you

Stevie said...

I will write you My Margery. I love you too.

t-money said...

oh love, I am really happy for you.
Like your pal 'VallyP', I hope too that you've found the end of your rainbow.
Alll my love.
Hope to see you soon.

Dale said...

You just described life, Steph.
Trust your heart and go live it.

xx

Stevie said...

all of you... thank you...