Sunday, April 08, 2007

some photos of the conference trail!












ok, I am still new to putting photos and text on posts... newspapers, magazines, no problem, I can lay those out in a snap. Photos on my blog site... still learning!
if they are in the order I hope, we start with the youth I took to CYIAD with SunJay, one of the presenters. The handsome blond lad in the bottom right is my Scotty! Then there should be a shot of the crowd of kids... constantly cheering... and hence my headache by the end of each day... Gypsy, you were right, what WAS I thinking giving up my vices??
Next, hmm, me and my Scott, then the kids dressed up as Bond characters (the girls of course were Bond girls, but the boys were trying to be serious villains, and they created quite a stir when they arrived for dinner!) and one of me and Ben, or as he preferred that night, Dr. No.
A few shots from the eastern trip, The Market in Ottawa, my darling Lisa and me, first time we have seen each other in five years, me, Lisa and her daughter Kaatje, and me and the other BC youth workers on the steps in front of the parliament building. Hope they actually show in this order!
OK, I think they are out of order and the first shots are me, Lisa, her daughter and the crew at the parliament building, then me and Ben and the rest are in order... ish.

13 comments:

Vallypee said...

Right...I think I've got who's who now! Got a tad confused over the cast of characters, except you of course. Being the star in our blogoshpere, you are easy to spot, dear Stevie...

Lovely photos and everyone looks so happy. You've got a lovely bunch of kids around you there, STevie, but then that's probably cos you're luvverly yourself ;-)

ian gordon said...

great memories for everyone.

Stevie said...

awww, gee thanks Val!
Good to see you again Sir Ian!

Anne-Marie said...

Lovely photos, in any order. Everyone looks happy, the kids are alright and having a great time, which is all you want, right?

Welcome back!

gypsy noir said...

Hey!...the next time you go on a conference..i want to come!!..you all look like your having a fab time..those kids are lucky to have you..you have such spirit..you look wonderful...
i like the james bond theme..ooh next time do a austin powers "yeah baby!"..
er-all the vices?..is that a lollypop i see you clutching...
...see me after class ms stevie!...

Stevie said...

oh dear, I've been caught!
I swear it was just the one lolly... really... and it was red and so yummy...
you can come on any trip you want to Gypsy!
hey Anne-Marie! Yes, we did have a good time. I even drove into Montreal for a few hours!
Strangely, traffic lights appear to be merely suggestions in Montreal...

Vallypee said...

LOL...I've just noticed my own typos....blogoshpere...what's a blogosh when it's at home? Sheesh, my typing's getting worse..either that or Ian is right, I'm always in too much of a hurry!

gypsy noir said...

ok..i'll come if i get a lolly too...

Stevie said...

I'll always have a lolly ready for you Gyspy!
And I had to laugh Val, because I never noticed the ytpo until you mentioned it!
means we rea rily cretive.

Anne-Marie said...

Stevie, just popping by to say thanks for the blurb input! Can I steal from you if I need to?

Stevie said...

of course AM!

Vallypee said...

yeh Stvsie, craetvie we's cetrainly are...ROLF.....olll ;-)

Stevie said...

Ian darling I cannot comment on your blog! Are we all banned?